Evaluation & Verification Engineer
Job code: 3097
Business Address/ Job Location: Unit 601, 1726 Dolphin Ave. Kelowna, V1Y 9R9, British Columbia
Duration: Permanent Positions, Co-op position
Education: Engineering Technologist orBS/BAPSC inElectrical or Electronic Engineering or directly transferable experience
About ESS Technology:
ESS is known for rapid product development of custom, high-performance integrated circuits for consumer audio applications. Our 35 years of experience designing signal converters and audio IC's has lead to some of the world’s best audio DACs and ADCs.
We offer a fast-paced work environment with continuous opportunities to learn new technology, develop new skills, and work directly with experienced industry professionals. Expect to be directly involved with many different aspects of the development and engineering for the full range of ESS products.
Our hands-on collaborative approach to all aspects of IC design has created a uniquely effective environment for mastering the art of integrated circuit development.
- Evaluation, regression testing and debugging of new silicon.
- Detailed characterization, documentation and statistical analysis of new silicon.
- Responsible for delivering verification results in an effective and organized format.
- Indirect customer support via our international team of Field Application Engineers by providing design review services, documentation, hardware and software debugging, product comparison measurements and usage recommendations.
- Development of product demonstrations.
- Creation of custom software and hardware tools to support our flexible workflow.
- Hardware and software prototyping.
- FPGA implementation and testing for products in the design phase.
- Electrical Engineering technologist diploma or BS/BAPSC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering is preferred. Applicants with appropriate technical experience will also be considered.
- Strong understanding of analog and digital design principles
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to create products that are designed for manufacturability and testability
- Ability to work and interact with a diverse team of Engineers
- Fluent written and verbal communication in the English language
- Canadian citizen.
Specific Skills Required
- Strong familiarity with basic lab equipment.
- Familiarity with audio measurement equipment and the specific tests used for audio characterization.
- Working knowledge of amplifier configurations at the block level. Good grasp of noise gain, signal gain, feedback configurations, etc.
- Ability to design PCB schematics with consideration of BOM cost, power budget, feature completeness, inter-device compatibility, lead-times, maintainability.
- Ability to layout a PCB with consideration of ground loops, ground bounce, EMI, manufacturability, testability etc.
Preference will be given to candidates with the following
- Experience at an audio company with a proven record of shipping products to customers.
- Experience with PCB design and debugging.
- Experience with lab equipment automation and measurement data processing.
- Working knowledge of different audio transport formats (such as DSD and PCM) as well as audio storage formats (such as WAV, FLAC, OGG).
- Understanding of board level digital transport and communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, I2S.
- Familiarity with hand soldering and hot-air rework.
- Ability to write simple embedded C software.
- Ability to write basic software to solve problems, visualize data, automate tedious tasks and simulate system behavior. C# language preferred.
- Understanding of R-2R networks.
- Knowledge of the different types of digital and analog filters (FIR, IIR, butterworth, chebyshev, etc.)
ESS Technology, Inc. offers MSP-BC, Extended Health Care, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D and Life Term benefits.
Submit Resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org,