Job Code: 3105
Business Address / Job Location: Unit 601, 1726 Dolphin Ave., Kelowna, V1Y 9R9, British Columbia
Duration: Permanent Positions
Our Kelowna Design Center is located in the heart of the Okanagan Valley, a region known for its wineries, long hot summers and exceptional skiing. We offer the unique opportunity to design and develop highly integrated, mixed signal circuits for audio consumer electronics applications in one of the most beautiful locations in North America.
ESS is known for rapid product development of custom, high-performance integrated circuits for consumer audio applications. Our 35 years of experience designing signal converters and audio IC's has led to some of the world’s best audio DACs and ADCs. We offer a fast-paced work environment with continuous opportunities to learn new technology, develop new skills, and work directly with experienced industry professionals. Expect to be directly involved with many different aspects of the development and engineering for a wide range of ESS products. Our hands-on collaborative approach to all aspects of IC design has created a uniquely effective environment for mastering the art of integrated circuit development. We are looking for motivated self-starter to help us support a growing number of customers by developing applications and tools to enable our customers to achieve their goals using our state-of-the art audio IC products. The ideal candidate will have a strong desire to tackle challenging, customer-specific requests and support our team by developing custom DSP applications, Linux and Android device drivers, and product demos.
- Hardware and software support for customer-specific applications in DSP/ASP programming and driver development.
- Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering degree. Applicants with appropriate technical experience will also be considered.
- Ability to define, develop, and debug complex hardware and software projects with little supervision.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Ability to work with products that are designed for manufacturability and testability.
- Ability to work and interact with a diverse team of Engineers.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in the English language.
- Canadian citizen/Permanent Residents.
Specific Skills Required
- Solid understanding of embedded systems and ability develop firmware and software for those platforms.
- Very strong coding abilities in C, C#, Bash, Python etc..
- Very good understanding of audio IC circuits (HPA, DAC, ADC).
- Experience with FPGAs (Verilog).
- Ability to operate common lab tools soldering/re-working PCBs.
- Experience with common electronics lab tools. Drill, soldering iron, hot air rework, microscope, DMM, oscilloscope, power supply.
- Ability to interpret PCB schematics and layouts for measurement and debugging.
- Understanding of version control systems (Git, SVN)
- A passion for microelectronics.
Preference will be given to candidates can also demonstrate the following
- Experience at an audio company with a proven record of shipping products to customers.
- Experience in working with large scale testing systems (ATE)
- DSP programming experience
- Android/Linux device driver development
- Experience with PCB design and debugging.
- Experience developing product demonstrations or prototypes.
- Working knowledge of different audio transport formats (such as DSD and PCM) as well as audio storage formats (such as WAV, FLAC, OGG).
- Understanding of communication protocols such as I2C, SPI, I2S.
- Experience with microcontrollers.
- Understanding of R-2R networks.
ESS Technology, Inc. offers MSP-BC, Extended Health Care, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D and Life Term benefits.
Remember your job code, and
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org