Job Code: 3099
Business Address / Job Location: Unit 601, 1726 Dolphin Ave. Kelowna, V1Y 9R9, British Columbia
Duration: Permanent Position
Our Kelowna Design Center is in the heart of the Okanagan Valley, a region known for its wineries, long hot summers and exceptional skiing. We offer the unique opportunity to design and develop highly integrated, mixed signal circuits for audio/video consumer electronics applications in one of the most beautiful locations in North America.
Our knowledge with signal converters has led to some of the world’s best audio DACs and ADCs. This experience along with a commitment to producing the very best with a “hands-on” approach to all aspects of design, gives a working environment and quality of life that is second to none. This position is best suited to a mature, fastidious individual with impeccable word-processing and document formatting skills in addition to a passion for microelectronics. The successful applicant will submit representative samples of their technical writing (redacted if necessary).
- Creation and maintenance of product datasheets in multiple states of revision.
- Refinement, delivery and maintenance of application notes and technical reports.
- Survey engineering team members to compile device feature lists and operating procedures.
- Work with product and test engineering groups to relay device information
- Indirect customer support via our international team of Field Application Engineers by controlling product information in accordance with legal agreements and marketing strategies.
- Assist with the creation of system level specification documents.
- Analyze and review measurement data to create summaries and check for coherence.
- Consulting on product test plans in the design phase.
- Generation of info-graphics, block diagrams, timing diagrams, reference schematics and pinout diagrams from test results and engineering documentation.
- Electrical Engineering technologist diploma or BS/BAPSC in Electrical or Electronic Engineering is preferred. Applicants with appropriate experience will also be considered.
- Excellent written and verbal command of the English language, specifically as it pertains to technical writing.
- Meticulous organizational skills.
- Maintain focus while repeatedly reviewing and editing large technical documents.
- Familiarity with analog and digital system design principles.
- Ability to work and interact with a diverse team of Engineers, both locally and remotely.
- Canadian citizen.
Specific Skills Required
- Expert use of Microsoft Word.
- Expert use of Microsoft Visio.
- Competent with at least one EDA tool for schematic capture. Diptrace 2.4.2 or later, Logic, DX Designer or OrCAD preferred.
- Working knowledge of system level amplifier, ADC, and DAC configurations. Good grasp of noise gain, signal gain, feedback, etc.
- Familiarity with SVN revision control.
- Innovative and willing to make recommendations for improving productivity
Preference will be given to candidates with the following
- Experience at an audio or microelectronics company with a proven record of shipping products to customers.
- Experience authoring electronic product datasheets or supporting documentation.
- Strong skills with Microsoft Office 2016 or later
- Graphic design experience.
- Familiarity with LaTeX
- Web design/programming experience as it pertains to online documents.
- Familiarity with at least one vector graphic tool. Visio or Inkscape preferred.
- Working knowledge of common audio transport formats (PCM, I2S, DSD, DoP, SPDIF, MQA).
- Understanding of PCB level digital communication protocols I2C, SPI, USB.
- Understanding of R-2R networks.
- Knowledge of the different types of digital and analog filters (FIR, IIR, Butterworth, Chebyshev, etc.)
- Ability to write basic software or scripts to visualize data and automate tedious tasks.
ESS Technology, Inc. offers MSP-BC, Extended Health Care, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D and Life Term benefits.
Remember your job code, and
Please submit your resume to email@example.com