Marantz HD-AMP1 Review
< Newsroom | Posted: Friday March 24, 2017
- Premium-grade construction
- Elegant retro design
- Open, transparent sound with insightful treble
- Warm, well-integrated bass
- No network streaming or Bluetooth
- Review Price: £649.00
- 70W per channel (4ohms)/35W (8ohms)
- HDAM-SA2 amplifier modules
- ESS SABRE DAC, supports up to 384kHz/32-bit and DSD 11.2MHz
- Marantz Musical Digital Filtering and Dual Crystal Clock
- 2 x optical, coaxial, USB DAC and USB inputs
What is the Marantz HD-AMP1?
This compact integrated amplifier marks the rebirth of Marantz’s Music Link range, which first emerged back in 1990 with the goal of delivering audiophile sound quality from small, elegant components.
It’s one of three products under the Music Link umbrella, alongside the HD-DAC1 headphone amplifier and £379 HD-CD1 CD player – the latter we’ll be testing with the HD-AMP1 and featuring in a separate review.